Even now that I am an adult, I still face many of the impairments, insecurities, and self-abating notions that detract from my ability to fully love myself.
Loving myself is simple, though, and I learned a few secrets about how to do it:
• I love myself by showing myself compassion.
• I love myself by forgiving myself.
• I love myself by forgiving others.
• I love myself by taking care of myself.
• I love myself by striving to do better.
That last one might be hard. All of them might be hard, come to think of it. I said loving myself was simple. I didn’t say it was easy.
What comes to mind when you think of…